Well, here we go again.
Today marks the day I finally post to this blog, which I technically started, oh, a year or two ago. Insert a name change or two, rinse, repeat. True to form, I am starting this project in the midst of many other, more urgent, projects. Like, you know, a dissertation. A cross-country move. The usual.
Since I seem to thrive under pressure and I only operate
in two modes (do ALL THE THINGS! and do NO THINGS!), it also seemed like
a good time to get a handle on my ridiculous multitude of health and food issues. I'm not sure if it will help, but I am going to attempt the Whole30. I have a lot of feelings about this, so that will require its own post(s).
Maybe the blog will help me stay focused on those efforts. Maybe the act of writing this will encourage me to write more of the dissertation. Start writing, keep writing. Maybe the accountability of telling people about the Whole30 will make me stick to it instead of diving face-first into a pile of cheese and bread. Mmmm, cheesy bread...
I will not always talk about food, though. You can expect a healthy dose of my kid, because she's definitely more interesting and funny than I am. I get irrationally irritated by a lot of things, so also be prepared for a decent amount of ranting. Yep, I'm pretty much a cranky 80-year-old in a 30-something's body. There may be cursing - in fact, yes, there will be. Consider yourself warned.
One day the blog will have a rhythm. Maybe. For now, onto ALL THE THINGS. Here's to hoping it sticks this time.

No comments:
Post a Comment