And this probably goes under the heading "Shallower Concerns," but I feel really unhappy, body image-wise. It doesn't help that I'm starting this pregnancy 20 pounds heavier than the last. Smaller people get this adorable "baby bump." I, on the other hand, have two rolls - the lower one is probably partially the baby, while the upper one is leftover fat and all the organs that have been displaced by said baby. Not cute. None of my regular clothes really fit anymore, but I still can't wear most maternity clothes. Just ugh. Even my 5-year-old is shaming me for wearing sweatpants most days at home.
So, I'm pretty sure when I originally thought about writing this post (a few weeks ago), I intended it to be wittier and have a more positive tone at the end. But it's late. I'm tired. I feel like throwing up. Don't worry, I'm not usually this self-pitying, but right now:
Mean Girls to the rescue!




I just want to let you know that I read your blog and enjoy it and felt the EXACT SAME about my second pregnancy. Also, how do you gifs, I am a week older than you and don't understand things.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Your Middle School Friend Karen
Hi Middle School Karen!
DeleteSomebody reads my blog - whaaaat! This made my day. Also, I love that you have a blog about making lists. I find it really hard to write about anything without it turning into a list, so that's a genius idea.
Gifs: I Google for them, download a copy, and then when I'm writing the blog, I do the "insert image" button and search my computer for the JPEG of the gif. At least I think that's what I did...
An update!!-Lisa
ReplyDelete