(Backdated weekly Facebook update)
Week Fifty-Nine. It's been 3 weeks since the last update. Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.
With the warmer weather and more of "life" starting to return, there's been less time and, honestly, less inclination to write. But last week at virtual coffee hour, a church friend told me that "unfortunately," people look forward to reading these overly long updates.
I'm not sure if it is unfortunate for me or you or both, but either way, I'm back. You're welcome. Hopefully.
Ben and I have both gotten our second vaccine doses! I've never been so thrilled for a shot in my life. I'm grateful for the opportunity to better protect myself, my family, and my community. Thanks, science!
![]() |
| Nicky's new PJs, 2nd vaccine selfie, Link being sneaky, Anna at church |
It's also wonderful to feel more comfortable with certain group activities like... Choir! Choir is back! It's different, of course - we practice sitting much farther apart, and masked, and we'll sing in two groups instead one (for space concerns), also masked. But it is so SO so nice to be back. Another reason I love my church and choir family? Every member of the choir is vaccinated. Love your neighbors, protect your neighbors.
Also, my violin lessons are in person again! And, as annoying as it is to play with a mask, it's also a bonus, because no one can see how much you look like a female Mitch Mcconnell with your chins all squished up on the chin rest. Thanks, mask!
![]() |
| Choir practice after a year off |
Ben's birthday was on Friday, and we went out to eat at an actual restaurant this weekend. It was both really nice and also a little disappointing. I had very high hopes, but let's remember - I also have children. Including a toddler. Who received his lemonade happily and then promptly dropped the whole cup on the ground. Thankfully we were outside. Meanwhile, the older child did not have a single good thing to say until dessert. "It's cold. It's hot. This fruit is weird. This burger is too spicy. Why aren't you done yet?" Yaaaay children. Reminding parents everywhere to keep expectations low since the dawn of time.
![]() |
| "We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This land." "I think we should call it Your Grave!" "Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" |
I've been watching an uncomfortable amount of true crime/ unsolved disappearance shows and documentaries at night while I do puzzles. The cop always says something like: "there was no indication of foul play in the home" and they show a spotless room. Um, y'all. They would never know what happened if they went by the inside of my house. "There seems to have been a struggle, throughout the home, but judging by the amount of dust, it must have happened some time ago." If I go missing, please tell investigators that this is our normal.
Tangentially related: if Ben goes missing, it might have been me. And it might be because of his terrible, awful, squeaky desk chair that squeals at crazy volumes unexpectedly and scares me every single time. He has discovered how much I hate it and now he squeaks it on purpose. Dude, sit still in your chair or Go To The Office.
We're fine. It's fine. :: twitch::
Well, that's all I've got. I know, you waited 3 weeks for that?! How disappointing. Please accept my apologies and this virtual high five.
#weekfiftynine #highfive #unfortunately
______________________________________________________________
I've been intending to start moving these posts over for...months, now. I also can't seem to be bothered to do it in order, so let me apologize now for random, out of date posts that may start popping up in your feeds (if you have a blog feed).



Im so excited that my whole household is vaccinated now, esp with texas being stupid and dropping mask mandates so soon. i plan to keep wearing mine til all the little kids can get vaccinated. i have three nephews aged 2-7 and my sister has managed to get the two older ones to wear masks if said masks have their fave cartoon characters, ha!
ReplyDelete