The Whole30 is making me pretty angry. I am pretty much angry all the time about the things the program says I can't do. I'm trying to remember the reasons why I publicly declared that I would do this, but this is an extremely restrictive program. I am constantly thinking about food, something I hoped this program would help me not do.
It's also forcing me to eat foods that I'm not thrilled about, just so there is something on my plate. Today I forced myself to add a banana to my breakfast, because I just couldn't face one more egg.
I've also eaten two salads so far, and plan to have more for dinners, because they're easy and a way to get lots of fruits and vegetables in at once. Not super thrilled about salads.
When I'm not feeling angry about my food choices, I am grumpy that I've voluntarily signed up for something that has given me a headache and nearly constant stomach pain. My limbs feel heavy and my neck is much tighter than normal. Supposedly this is normal in the beginning, but it still sucks. Also, I am having serious problems focusing and remembering things. Not sure if that's normal or not.
One area in which Ron would most emphatically not agree with me is: MEAT.
I am really not used to eating this much meat. I just don't know what else to eat! Every meal has either an egg or meat, and I do not like this much of either one. We used to try pretty hard to have at least one meatless meal a week prior to this, and that is next to impossible when you're forbidden soy, beans, and pasta, and seriously dislike eggplant and mushrooms.
So, to recap the last two days: all the feelings. All the angry feelings. ALL THE TIME.
Sorry, Ron.
(Sources: imgur.com, ronswansonappreciationsociety.tumblr.com)





Sorry you are struggling. I hope that in a few days you will begin to feel so much better that it all becomes worth it. Once you get through and can start adding things back slowly to find what your body doesn't like, things should improve. For now, it's just fuel. :)
ReplyDelete