Thursday, August 18, 2016

Reasons the Bear is Crying

People have been asking for more Bear posts.  Well, the kid has not been on her comedy game lately.  In fact, she has been kind of a hot mess.  So, in the tradition of one of the best things on the internet (Reasons My Son is Crying), I give you the most recent reasons my 4 year old lost her shit.

1.  I said her snack was a surprise. 

Me: "I put your snack in my purse, you can have it in the car.  Let's go."
Bear:  "But what is it?"
Me:  "It's a surprise!"
Bear:  "STOP SAYING MY SNACK IS A SURPRISE!!! Lunch is never a surprise, dinner is never a surprise, so why is my snack a surprise??  JUST TELL ME!!!  I HATE SURPRISES!!!"


2.  I handed her a banana after she asked for one.

Bear: "I said I wanted a BANANA!!!"
Me:  "Excuse you!  I just gave you one!"
Bear:  "But I wanted to pick it up BY MYSELF!!!!"



3.  Daddy gave her some good news.

Daddy:  "Guess what? After school we're going to a barbecue! With your grandparents!"
Bear:  "UUUGHHH.  I knoooow."
Daddy:  "Why are you being so rude?"
Bear:  "Mommy already TOLD ME.  I ALREADY KNOW!!!  Stop telling me things I already know!!!" 

And cue the hysterical sobbing.


Lesson learned:  I shall never surprise my daughter with nice things I know she'll like, get her things she specifically asked for, or share good news with her. 

Got any good ones from your kids*? Please share!

*(or nieces, nephews, grandchildren, random stray children in the grocery store, whatever)

P.S. For more amazing confused gifs, go here: http://imgur.com/gallery/9ogej.  (Jess, there's one of Tom Hiddleston. You're welcome.)

1 comment: